Friday, March 29, 2013

Lou's Woollen Egg


Lou did a little bit of Easter craft this week. Easter has just snuck up on me.


We made a wet-felted egg. I have a plastic egg that I use as a template and I gently needle-felted some white wool around the egg to get the shape, then add the coloured wool.

Here is some mixed coloured wool that I got from Spotlight a few years ago. Lou picked this wool out from the wool stash.


I filled the sink with warm water and Lux soap flakes, and Lou did the fun bit of rubbing the egg for a while and playing in the bubbles until the wool had shrunk around the plastic egg.


Here is what it looked like finished. While it was still wet, I cut a zig-zag half way across the middle, took out the plastic egg, re-shaped the felted egg then let it dry in the sun. On Thursday, Lou took it to school filled with little chocolate Easter eggs as a present for his teacher (which I forgot to take a picture of).

She loved it!  :)

4 comments:

Els said...

O yes ! Lou sure looks like the Master Easter Bunny ! His teacher will have been very happy !

(feeling better ;-) !)

Hilde said...

What a beautiful woollen egg :) Perfect for Easter.

Lynne said...

That is beautiful. Well done Lou.

Cadi said...

I love it!