Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Poncho In The Mist.....



After spending over a week down the south coast on the beach feeling like we just had a week of Summer, we said goodbye to the sun and came back to the cold foggy mountains. Here I am in the middle of Summer knitting away, rugged up under my quilt with a jumper on!..... Crazy weather!....


Last Sunday I met up the lovely ladies from the Ravelry group, " UP The M4", that meet at the Red Cow pub at Penrith one Sunday a month to do knitting in the pub. I caught the train down the mountain with all my layers on, only to peel off like an onion once I got down there. It was lovely to meet other people off Ravelry. Most of the ladies there I have met at the Blue Mountains Knitters' Guild. Hopefully, I'll be back next month.


My first finished knitting of the year! I won't mention the other items that I have being frogging.


Katie took these pictures. She is such a great photographer. The photos are hazey because I live in a permanent fog up here. The camera even picked up the fog (LOL).


The Pattern is from a leaflet by Heirloom. I bought the pattern years ago and the wool is Naturally Mohair plus(?). The colour of the wool is brighter in real life. The wool looks a little washed out on the monitor. This wool has been in my stash for while now. I did start something with it but didn't like it. I got the wool in the bargin bin at the Katoomba Knitting and Needle Craft shop, picking up the last 3 balls. My goal this year is to finish the knitting projects that I have started and get through my stash. I'm running out of storage space....(LOL)

8 comments:

karisma said...

Its beautiful Anne, and those pictures are stunning! Wish we had a knitting group round here, mind you I don't know how I would find the time! LOL! Oh its been hot hot hot here! Even with the rain we've had. Crazy weather!

Kate said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous poncho!
I've been knitting like crazy too. Strange summer days.

Kel said...

Your photos are always so beautiful, as are your woollen creations :) I think I need a trip to the mountains soon.
My mate just returned from 2 weeks on the South Coast too; she said it was beautiful weather.

Appleshoe said...

It’s beautiful and so are the photos. I especially like the first one. Fog lends a dream like quality to photos. Take care.

Sea Star said...

It is divine and the photos are gorgeous! hope you are all well and happy. My dad is set to be moving up here in a week, he split up with his partner, so I don't know when next we will be down that way.
Mel
xx

Anonymous said...

the poncho is stunning and so are you!!! What a magical photoshoot, it did your beautiful creation justice
XXXXXX

Nicole and Andrew said...

very nice Anne, i like the colour

Levin said...

i can't believe that fog - at this time of the year!
i love your poncho - i love the colours and it makes me long for winter and all it's snuggliness (if that's a word??!!)