Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 17: Market Treasures



Today I had a market stall at Lawson Markets. I sold clothes that I don't wear any more - just moving on stuff with my friend, Mon. It was a slow day but I still made over $100, which I was very happy with. Me, being the Bower Bird that I am, found some treasures to bring back to my nest.





The Moroccan box was $15. It's heavy - I couldn't stop picking it up.
The silver pendant ($10) has two hands painted on it with all these little symbols on them. The lady who sold it to me said they were Ayurvedic pressure points. Anyway, I couldn't stop looking at it. The delicate painting on it is beautiful.......

The purse/handbag I bought ($5) is hanging off my bookshelf. It is a work of art in itself with delicate hand embroidery from India around the old mirrors.



And last was the first item I bought - the lantern for $10. It is a little battered in parts but nothing that can't be fixed.

I wanted to say hello to Nicole from Going Green, who I met today at Lawson Markets. It was lovely to meet a fellow Blue Mountains blogger who is also doing Blogtoberfest.

7 comments:

softearthart said...

Oh I love markets, one never know just what treasures one will find, cheers Marie

karisma said...

Very nice! :-)

Sea Star said...

We are missing Lawson, nice finds! How does our old place look?
Mel
xx
P.S Dad told me it was sleeting, Bbrrr!

Nicole and Andrew said...

hey Anne, it was nice to finally meet you as well :o)
sounds like you had a pretty good market day

Appleshoe said...

These are all wonderful finds. I especially like the little purse. I have several wall hangings like that with those delicate shisha mirrors stitched all over them in my home. They are true works of art, aren't they. Take care.

Sharon said...

I love the way you photograph these little things - they always look interesting.

I'm finally organising my blog... so updates should become more frequent.

Julie said...

wow these look like great finds :)