Sunday, January 20, 2008

Noro Rainbow Scarf

I still haven't finished my cardie but I've done a scarf instead. I bought some Noro silk garden Col 87 at Penrith a few weeks back. It was the last 2 balls left in this colour. I also found some size 6 knitting needles (I think they're bamboo?) in an opp shop for $1. So I knitted up this scarf. I really enjoyed watching the colours emerge.

Katie and I went to the Blue Mountians Knitter's Guild on Saturday afternoon. We had a great time even thought it was pouring down rain all afternoon. I met up with a friend from play group who told me about the knitting guild last year at play group. She helped me finish my scarf by sewing up the loose ends. I also met Kate from Blue Mountians Knits whose was the first knitting blog I stumbled over a month ago when I was googling the Blue Mountians Knitter's Guild.

Hopefully I'll be back next month, but with small kids I'll have to see what happens.








4 comments:

Lynne said...

Love the scarf, love the colours, and the choice of the simple pattern was just ideal!

Good to hear DD is knitting now without adding stitches

http://2hot2knit.blogspot.com

Kate said...

It was great to see you at the Guild Meeting and it was also nice to see the girls playing as well - it gave the meeting a less 'formal' atmosphere.

I think we should be promoting a child-friendly environment for these meetings as there would be a lot more people able to come. Hope to see you next time.

Emily said...

That's gorgeous!

denise said...

I just found your blog--what a beautiful scarf!