Saturday, April 5, 2008

Felt like time to finish a few things ....

I've been finishing up things that I started a few months ago.

I start things then I get distracted and leave them to finish up later, which can be a lot later than I anticipate.
Before I discovered needle felting there was wet felting. I only discovered this craft about a couple of years ago. Having bought a wet felted bag at the Blue Mountains Winter Magic Festival, I was fascinated by how it was put together. So I thought I'd give it ago one day and make some things. The book I bought, Beginner's Guide to Feltmaking by Shirley Ascher & Jane Bateman, gave me some great ideas .
So I gave it ago ....... It was fun but wet and messy. Like a child at christmas wanting to sneek a peek at the presents before they are meant to be unwrapped, I found myself pulling apart the calico covering to have a sneek peek of the felting process. On the first attempt, I didn't make the felt square thick enough. After the fun of trial and error, the second attempt was a much better result. From this batch of felt, I made some purses for Katie's school stall.

4 comments:

Lynne said...

And very cute purses they are too!

I have some roving around here somewhere to try wet and/or needle felting - perhaps while I'm on holidays...

denise said...

Wow - that all turned out great! Love the colors.

Mette (Mettuska) said...

They are very cute! And I like the purses, too.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those purses are beautiful! And I especially like the snail.

I can't tell you how many half-done projects I have. I'm not modeling very good will forces for my kids :(