Sunday, August 17, 2014

Lou's soup


Lou loves cooking and has been helping me in the kitchen. It has been cold and rainy for the last few days; good weather for a hearty warm lentil soup with kale and potatoes.

I've been collecting recipes on Pinterest 
and am getting a nice collection of simple nourishing recipes to try. 

The onion was a bit strong so goggles were a must for Lou!


Mr F joined in on the chopping (still in his p-js). 


The veggie patch is beaming with parsley and kale. I love kale and so do the green  caterpillars!

We're trying to eat the kale before the weather starts to warm up and the cabbage moths and aphids start attacking it and the other greens.


Lou's soup turned out well. He was happy with it and he ate it without picking any bits out the soup, unlike his brother who picked out the potatoes and carrots!

2 comments:

Els said...

Lou, you're a cooking STAR !!!
(see, you just have the right apron !)
I wish I could have tasted your soup : it looks delicious !

Denise Price said...

Yum, that soup looks great! And the photos of the kids hard at work in the kitchen are precious.

Thanks for your recent comment on my blog. No, there were no cockatoos at the zoo. But I enjoyed reading about your visit from a kookaburra. :)