Monday, May 3, 2010

Fingerless Gloves

I've been invited to a birthday party this Saturday (woo-hoo) - a child free party my friend said. It's been a looooooong time since I've been to a party without kids. It's going to be weird actually finishing a sentence. I'm so used to having short conversations. I'm allways chasing Lou around. LOL...:)

My friend has been talking about making fingerless gloves. She is tall and has long arms, which I never noticed, but she was saying that long sleeve tops never seem to fit the length of her arms and her wrists are always cold in winter. She wanted to make herself some wrist warmers/gloves to keep warm. So I went through my stash and found this ball of Jet by Patons. It's an alpaca/wool mix that I bought from a bargain bin at the wool shop at Katoomba. I love these autumny colours.

I found another quick and easy pattern off Ravelry. This pattern is an easy basic rib pattern : -knit 2 purl 2.

I cast on 34 stitches and used size 5.5.mm needles. I was amazed at how quick these knitted up. I used up almost all the wool to make the gloves 7 inches long. Only a tiny bit of wool was left over to sew up the sides.

I think I'm going to have to go through my stash again to knit myself a pair..:)

10 comments:

karisma said...

They look gorgeous! Love the colour!

Unknown said...

I need some of these too being tall with silly short sleeves on everything.

Appleshoe said...

Those are pretty! I also have that problem and wear oversized clothes to make up for it. These would be nice.

Stacy said...

you are a good friend!

softearthart said...

They are just great, cheers Marie

Ariad said...

I love them. Especially the nice Autumn colours.

Lynne said...

They are a gorgeous colour. I can relate to her frustration with sleeve length as my arm span is 15cm greater than my height (usually they are more-or-less the same).

Cadi said...

Thanks for the comment. Glad you enjoyed the soup. :-) I finished it. See blog. :-)

Jules said...

Those are REALLY nice! I have been wanting to make myself a pair for a few years now but I always seem to put my children's projects before my own or my husband's. I'm inspired...thanks.

Julie said...

beautiful work! lovely autumn leaves.