A Basic Anzac Biscuit Recipe
1 cup plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup of desiccated coconut
3/4 cup brown sugar
2tbs golden syrup
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper or grease baking tray. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the oats, coconut and brown sugar.
2. Put butter, golden syrup and 2 tbs water in a small saucepan. Stir over a medium heat until melted. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda (it will froth).
3. Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined.
4. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on trays, about 5cm apart.
5. Press with a fork to flatten slightly. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown (or slightly longer for crunchy biscuits).
6. Set aside on the trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack so it cools completely.
Anzac Day 2010
Lest we forget