Sunday, April 13, 2014

Socks!!!!!!! I did it, finally.


I did it. I finally knitted a pair of socks and it wasn't as scary as I thought it was going to be. I attended a workshop at the House of Wool in Blackheath where Shelly helped us through the steps and once I got the idea of what to do, I whizzed through my second sock and just started another pair. 
 

The yarn I used is Hawthorne Cottage 4ply sock wool. Aren't those colours just beautiful - like a sunset on your feet!


Mr T is modelling his new socks. I finished them on Friday just as he was going on an overnight camp with Lou and Mr F. They kept his toes warm all night while the rain kept pouring on the tent outside!

4 comments:

Els said...

Ahhhhhhh, SO sorry to hear about the rain Mr. T .... but i'm very sure your feet were dry and warm !!! (And let me tell you : from now on you don't want any other than home made socks on your feet !!!! You know how I know this ? I'm an experience expert)

Hey Anne you did a great job, with gorgeous yarn !
(So sorry to tell you : it's addictive ;-) .... !)

Anonymous said...

Great job on the socks! Lovely colors too!

Het Wolbeest said...

A job well done! Love the colours. Will be a joy to wear them. There'll be more..... ;-)

Sea Star said...

Woohoo! Sock success ;)