Monday, April 1, 2013

Noro Breeze


I've put this lovely shawl I knitted a few weeks ago up on Ravelry, but I forgot to blog about it being busy with knitting baby items. This is yet another freebie from Ravelry called Breeze By Simone Eich.

I was pleasantly surprised when the designer, Simone, contacted me on Ravelry to say how much she liked my shawl. It was a real boost to my knitting ego LOL ;) Some days I get overwhelmed by a the amount of talented knitters and crafty bloggers out there. I spend far too much time checking out other people's creations on Ravelry and Pinterest to see what other people are doing, rather than getting on with crafting and knitting myself.

This is the first shawl I have knitted that I have finished.


Yep, another Noro item! I do love Noro - I love the colours. I got this skein of Noro Taiyo Sock 5 at The Wool Inn a while ago and it had to come home with me. It sat there with the rest of the Noro companions in my stash, waiting for the day for a pattern to be knitted up. I did some searching on Ravelry and found that someone else had knitted up this shawl in the same colour way. It looked gorgeous and thought, this is it - I had to knit it up, and it looked like it was a simple pattern to knit up.


10 comments:

Sue said...

What gorgeous colors. Your shawl is so pretty.

karisma said...

Oh yes, it certainly is extremely gorgeous! You are very talented and have such wonderful taste in colours. Looking forward to seeing your baby knits too. :-) Hugs xoxox

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful! Question: how many hanks of the Noro did you use for that shawl? I've been eyeing the Noro and resisting, as it is pricey, and I'm not sure how much I will need for a project. Thanks!

anothervegetarian.blogspot.com

Hilde said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!! And the colours are very pretty.

Lynne said...

I saw that photo come up on Bloglovin and I knew it had to be your blog! Congratulations on a beautiful shawl.

maria said...

It's so beautiful. I love the colors.

An Aussie Felter said...

I love this - the colours are uplifting! I wish I could knit!

An Aussie Felter said...

Ilove the shape and colour - if only I could knit!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Good work :D

Anonymous said...

it looks utterly beautiful... Noro and shawls seem to have been made for each other!