Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 3: Noro Cardigan WIP

Noro Silk garden 279

I love Noro wool. When I go to the Wool Inn, as soon as I walk into the shop my eyes are diverted to the beautiful colours of Noro. I'm like a child in a candy shop. I take forever to make a decision, which I'm sure drives the ladies down there nuts. My head gets full of possibilities of what I could create. If you have been on my Ravelry page, you would see how many favourites I have - not that I ever knit that much but I like to keep them as a reference.
My birthday was last August. Mum and Dad give me birthday money. Mum said go get yourself some nice wool and with that, I did.

Rib Detail Cardigan from Knitting Noro by Jane Ellison

As we're in spring, coming into summer, the wool shop is getting low in the Noro section so I didn't have a real lot to choose from. I know I can order on line but I like to see and touch what I'm buying when it comes to wool.

I really like this colour way when it is a ball of wool. As I'm knitting it up, I'm not so sure. Funny, I usually go for brighter colours but my eye kept going back to these colours. I have the front almost done... now for the back and the sleeves.

9 comments:

Em said...

That is looking great - I love the colour you chose :)

willow and moo said...

I am always attracted to Noro wool. If I was a knitter, I'd have a hard time not stashing a lot of it. :)

Nicole and Andrew said...

looks good :o) cant wait to see it finished

Anonymous said...

oh wow, a noro cardigan, I love Noro too and love to hook flowers out of it. can't wait to see the end result!
p.s it's $16.95/ball in NZ, how much is it where you are!!!???

Leanne said...

Beautiful!

Kate said...

Wow, it is looking gorgeous!
I've only knitted one dress out of Noro but I loved it. I found it a bit hard on the hands but I just adored waiting and watching the colour changes.

Sea Star said...

Looks Great! I miss the Wool Inn, We don't have a LYS here, just spotlight. There is some out at Bello and plenty of yummy fleece at the markets but no Noro! I am trying to use my stash to get on top of finances atm anyway! Ggrr!

Pam de Groot said...

I love the noro too.
This will look amazing soon.

Unknown said...

beautiful! I prefer bright colours too, but this really looks gorgeous from here. anything japanese in the craft world is great. Noro is so interesting too. cant wait to see it finished.