I had a go at dying wool for the first time the other day. It was fun experimenting with colour.
I mixed some of the dye powders together to give different tones of green, red and orange colours It's a bit of a lucky dip to how well it will turn out for a beginner. I threw in a few slips that I tie-dyed to used up some of the dye. I plan to use the wool for needle felting, probably for nature table dolls, to sell as well as the slips at Katie's school end of year fair. I found the arms hard to make on the doll. The arms that I did seemed a bit chunky so I hid them behind some flowers.
One day I would like to grow a garden for dying wool.