Saturday, February 11, 2012

Noro Silk Garden Top Down Cardigan



I have been working on this cardigan on and off over the last six months. I have been knitting it at friends places and even at the odd coffee shop outing. Slowly, I'm getting though it as my Ravelry list of favorites and queue list grow longer. My poor old fingers!...;) So much knitting. I would love to knit more but so little time. Meanwhile, my stash is quietly growing in my cupboard waiting for the right projects.


I just started one sleeve last night and worked on and off today, There is a few inches to go before I finish one sleeve. I did a bit more after I took this photo.



This pattern is a freebie off Ravelry written by Cosmicpluto Knits. It is called Top Down Raglan Cardigan and is really easy to knit. I like how I can knit it in the size that suits my frame, so the cardigan won't look like a sack on me when I'm finished.


The wool is Noro Silk Garden colour :-292. It has been in my stash for a while now. I'm glad that I am finally doing something with it. This Noro wool is a bit bright but I do love the colours.



The next part of this post

is a message for Bhodi from Marty the Ninja Cat!!!!!!!!!!



He just wanted to show you that he has been practicing some new Ninja moves for your next visit!......;)

7 comments:

Lynne said...

You are a great fan of Noro, aren't you? A top down raglan cardigan sounds like a great knit.

Raggle Taggle Gypsy Girl said...

Don't let that sweet exterior trick you......He is definately a ninja cat.......The knitting looks wonderful love the colours.....

karisma said...

The cardigan is looking lovely. Absolutely gorgeous colours. I can't wait to see it on you.

karisma said...

The cardigan is looking lovely. Absolutely gorgeous colours. I can't wait to see it on you.

Pumpkin said...

Seeing such vibrant Noro colors has cheered me up. Your cardigan is looking beautiful, wonderful job.

mountainwildlife said...

Lovely cardigan -I think you should be getting frequent knitter points from Noro!

And those needles! I love them! Made me instantly think of Willy Wonka. If he knitted, he would have had those needles for sure :)

Faeryfay said...

wow, those colours are just like a rainbow! The Noro looks so beautiful -as do the colourful knitting needles! I love knitting top-down cardigans. This looks like a great pattern! Gorgeous!