Tuesday, November 24, 2009

This was a knitting blog once!

As I started this blog as a knitting blog, I suppose I had better post some knitting!......:) LOL


There has been a bit of cool weather in the Mountain's for the last few days, which is nice after those hot days we had. There's been a bit of rain and fog as well.

It's been nice weather for knitting so I finally finished this Edgar scarf (a free pattern off Ravelry). It's for a friend as a thank you/Christmas present from Lou and I as she will no longer be running play group next year. We're going to miss her. I hope she likes it - she is always admiring my Edgar scarf when I've been wearing it at playgroup this winter and she kept asking me for the pattern, which I kept forgetting to bring for her. I knitted the scarf with Katia Scotch Tweed - it's a silk-cotton mix. It's been sitting in my stash for a while now, waiting to be knitted up into something. It's green with blue flecks in the yarn, which doesn't show up in the pictures.

I saw this scarf knitted up on Stacy's Blog "The Barnacle is my Totem" a while ago. I loved the way it looked so I followed the link to the Purl Bee - Summer Shimmer scarf.


I knitted it up with Noro Silk garden. I lost the tag in the move so if any one out there recognises this colour or the number on the Noro tag, I would love to know what it is. :)



Usually I take a pic of the ball of wool to post up but this time I didn't. The yarn looked quite pretty as a ball but as I was knitting up the scarf, I wasn't too fussed with the way the colours were coming out. It might be a bad match of wool to this pattern - this pattern might be better with a single colour yarn, not striping yarn. So off to the frog pond it goes...:(

9 comments:

Toria said...

Pretty scarf, I'm betting she will love it.

Is that you modelling it? I love the top you're wearing too :-)

karisma said...

Very nice! I have been itching to do some knitting lately but can't find anything I actually want to knit. I tried to knit a pattern that was not printed right and it frustrated me. So I started some crochet instead! LOL! I must blog about it soon.

I also LOVE that top. I used to have one just like it in a slightly different colour. I wore it till it fell apart, hehe! Come to think of it, I have a habit of doing that. I must learn to mend stuff hey?

Cloudia said...

Oh how pretty!



Aloha, Friend


Comfort Spiral

Leanne said...

Just beautiful!!

Erin said...

Gorgeous scarf! Very unique pattern.

Lynne said...

I hope your friend loves it - it's a beautiful gift.

Ciara Brehony said...

What a gorgeous scarf!

Thanks for the sweet birthday wishes too!

Stacy said...

I thought I recognized that scarf! I love how it looks long - so pretty.

Mise said...

It's a lovely scarf in a very pretty shade of green, and suitable for fancy wear too. I'm full of admiration.